Gerd Schoenen is a member of our IP law department. He specializes in litigation in patent and utility model infringement proceedings as well as in nullity proceedings.
He advises companies on patent law aspects, including in the context of transactions and insolvency. His industry expertise ranges from life science to automotive, including suppliers, to consumer goods.
Gerd initially worked as an attorney in a law firm specializing in patent law in Düsseldorf, and later as a partner in major international law firms in Cologne and Düsseldorf. He teaches Intellectual Property and Copyright Law at the University of Applied Sciences for Economics and Management (FOM) in Cologne.
- University of Passau
- University of Cologne (First State Examination 1993)
- Legal clerkship in the district of the Higher Regional Court of Cologne (Second State Examination 1996)
- Admission to the bar in Düsseldorf 1996
German, English, French
- Münchener Anwaltshandbuch Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz, Technische Schutzrechte (Patentrecht, Gebrauchsmusterrecht, Arbeitnehmererfindungsrecht), Co-Autor, C.H.Beck, 6. Aufl. 2022
- Büscher/Dittmer/Schiwy, Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz, Urheberrecht, Medienrecht Kommentar, Gebrauchsmustergesetz – GebrMG, Carl Heymanns Verlag, 3. Aufl. 2015